The Gheens Bon Mange' Festival feautures food, live music, and rides and benefits the local community.
Fairs and Festivals
Let the good times roll! Or as we like to say in the bayou, “Laissez les bon temps rouler!” Life’s a party, and Bayou Lafourche is all about the celebration.
Kicking off the season with the incomparable Mardi Gras season, there are dozens of festivals celebrating everything from heritage to music to food, as we embrace the “joie de vivre” (joy of living) throughout the year.
The annual "Let Freedom Ring Festival" is being held at Peltier Park on Friday, July 4th beginning at 8 AM. Download the flyer.
The free festival is sponsored by the Veterans of the Vietnam War, Inc., the Lorio Foundation, and the City of Thibodaux. Festivities include:
- 8:00 AM: Park Opens - bring picnic baskets, lawn chairs and barbecue pits
- 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Music by Soul Survivors
- 5:00 PM - 5:30 PM: Opening Ceremony
- 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM: Auction
- 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM: Music by Soul Survivors
- 9:00 PM: Fireworks
All Are Welcome!
Have a Safe and Happy 4th of July!>